Posts Tagged ‘Year in Photos’
© Matthew Jonas 2011/Evergreen Newspapers 2011
2011 flew by. It was a busy year. This is a selection my favorite (not necessarily my best) news, features and portraits from 2011. Enjoy.
It’s that time of year again. The 2011 Year in Photos galleries are beginning to be posted. Instead of endlessly searching the web, why not come here to check them out in one convenient place? Check back daily for updates.
- The Atlantic, 2011: The Year in Photos, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Time, Lightbox, Top 10 Photos of 2011
- Reuters, Pictures of the: 2011, News, Technology, Entertainment
- Life, 2011 Pictures of the Year
- National Geographic, Best News Pictures of 2011: Your Picks From Nat Geo News
- Associated Press, apimages.com, Best of 2011: News
- Denver Post Media Center, 2011 Best News Photos of the Year From Around the World
- The Denver Post, Photos: 2011 Year In Photos By The Denver Post Photographers
- upi.com, 2011 News Photos of the Year
- Plog: Photo Blogs from the Denver Post, Captured: 2011 Best Photos of the Year, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- thestar.com, Toronto Star Photo Blog, Staff Photographer Tara Walton’s best of 2011
- boston.com, The Big Picture, The Year in Pictures, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- boston.com, The Big Picture, 50 Best Photos From the Natural World
- MSNBC, msnbc.com, The Year in Pictures 2011
- The New York Times, newyorktimes.com, 2011: The Year in Pictures (multiple galleries)
- Los Angeles Times, Framework Photo Blog, The Year in Pictures 2011
I am going to start off with my best of 2009 with a collection of football photos. In 2009 I worked really hard to develop relationships with the coaches, staff and players of the schools that I cover on a regular basis. I shot essays on players that overcame disabilities to play. I showed coaches the respect they deserve by asking first for permission (you know who you are DP shooters) to enter the locker rooms before games. I worked the sidelines during the games for off the field moments. When teams took the field, I took the field along with them. I showed up early for practice and stayed late after games. And while none of the teams I covered made the playoffs I still put in a lot of effort and am looking forward to next season.
For the next couple of days, I will be posting my best of galleries. Each day I will post a collection of photos that I enjoyed making in 2009. They won’t be in any particular order and I may or may not have explanations of each photos. Stay tuned for more.