This is a new feature of smalltownphotojournalism.com that I am working on. Starting today and continuing every Wednesday, I will post a list of links to photojournalism related stories.
- The New York Times has a a great blog called Lens. If you are not reading it you probably should. This week they have a post titled “Through My Eye, Not Hipstamatics” about the controversy surrounding Damon Winters winning POYi entry.
- As a counter point to the above link (or maybe you should read this one first), Chip Litherland’s blog has a post titled “There’s an App for Photojournalism” also about Damon Winter’s POYi entry. There is a lot to think about here.
- This is not really a story but it should be of interest to all the Backpack, multi-platform, one-man-band, jack-of-all-trades, visual story teller, journalists out there. I am going to do everything in my power to make it to the NPPA 2011 Multimedia Immersion workshop this year. It has a great faculty lined up including Wes Pope, formerly of the Rocky Mountain News.
- I stumbled onto the blog of David Stephenson, a freelance multimedia photojournalist who has had stories run on Time.com. Stephenson’s projects are primarily shot on the venerable Canon 5D Mark II and he does it well.
- The Boston Globe’s photo blog the Big Picture and features a gallery on the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Kids and dogs. Kids and Dogs. It’s what sells newspapers.
That’s it for this week. Post a comment if there is something I should be reading and it might make it onto next weeks web links.